Many companies need to have a dedicated specialist in charge of their Information Technology. But many of those same companies simply cannot justify the cost of recruiting and retaining such a highly-paid and permanent member of staff and thus they lose out on the many benefits that having an experienced head of IT brings.
Firstly, there are formidable recruitment problems. Any IT Director worth their salary needs to be a salesman, accountant, technician, negotiator, project manager, people manager and part-time lawyer. Finding someone with all these attributes is difficult enough, being able to reward, motivate and retain them is quite another.
Hence Blue Stone’s Virtual IT Director service. This provides all of the skills required to perform the role of an IT Director on an as-needed basis. We can deploy as much or as little resource as your changing requirements dictate. For many companies this flexible approach offers an attractive and viable alternative to regular employment options.
What does our Virtual IT Director service involve?
Your Blue Stone Virtual IT Director will be assigned to the project at a level which we will agree with you in advance. Of course, this arrangement will be highly flexible and can be ramped up or down quickly and easily as you require. In order to fully appreciate all of your key business issues, your Virtual IT Director will normally be involved in the running of your business, exactly as if we were operating as part of your senior management team. Should there be a need to undertake discrete projects your VITD will be able to bring in other resources as required.
Under what circumstances might I need a Virtual IT Director?
There are many scenarios in which our Virtual IT Director service has proven to be attractive:
- you are growing, facing numerous business challenges and want to be sure you have all your IT bases covered, including having an IT strategy in place that supports the current and future needs of the company
- you are in a stable situation but want to ensure everything is running smoothly, all issues are being handled correctly and that problems are not gathering for the future
- you are looking for more cost-effective solutions to the IT issues you face, while still maintaining a competitive edge
- you need to drive down costs, ensuring every penny of your IT budget is spent wisely and effectively
- your existing IT director/manager is leaving and you are looking for an interim solution
What are the benefits of the Virtual IT Director service?
- a highly experienced Virtual IT Director, with the broadest skill-set, readily available
- a cost effective service – you use only as much as you need in the prevailing circumstances; more when needs demand, less when times are quiet
- no on-costs of employment (cars, pensions etc) and a Blue Stone VITD doesn’t take annual, sick or paternity/maternity leave!
- unlike highly marketable IT people, your VITD won’t ‘disappear’ as soon as a better job comes along, leaving you without a key resource
- you can ramp-up, reduce or even terminate the service at any time without penalty