We know from our clients that taking on consultants in the rental/hire sector can be problematic. Few consultancies have rental or hire industry experience and trying to shoehorn knowledge of manufacturing or retail operations into rental scenarios can be a major time-waster. We understand how rental businesses work, the key differences that make renting different from say, manufacturing, distribution or retail.
Having worked with top-name rental companies on projects both in the UK and abroad our blue-chip client list includes companies that operate in almost every niche of the rental marketplace including:
- high-value equipment
- large plant, including operated plant
- tool hire
- low-value non-itemised products e.g. small tools
- bulk hire e.g. scaffolding
Some of the work we have undertaken for rental clients includes:
- development and review of IT strategies
- specification and selection of large-scale ERP and other IT systems including portals, management information systems and tracking solutions
- negotiation of commercial and contractual terms
- management of major system implementation projects
Experience shows us that standard ERP solutions do not address the specific needs of rental companies. Therefore acquiring and implementing software systems can be particularly challenging. We have assisted our clients to evaluate a wide range of rental-specific software solutions and we have built up a good understanding of the capabilities of these systems.
In short, our experience of this sector and the IT solutions available to it means we can hit the ground running on any IT project in the rental or hire industry.